We have an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Mechanical Estimator to join our Estimating team.
The role will be based at our Head Office in Dundee, and you will report directly to our Mechanical Estimator.
This is a full-time position and an opportunity for someone to gain training and support to become a key part of our estimating team.
Your key learnings will include:
How to review customer specifications
How to do take offs from plans & drawings for an estimate
How to use software packages to create an estimate for a client
How to work as an effective member of the estimates team
Understanding how the estimates process coordinates with other parts of the business
Essential requirements of the post:
- Background in plumbing, heating, or quantity surveying
- An ambition to learn & develop a career in Estimating
- Ability to work within a team and meet strict deadlines
- Understanding of numbers and an excellent attention to detail
- Confidence and the ability to work professionally with colleagues and external partners
- 3+ National 5’s (A-C) including Maths, English & Science or recently completed relevant apprenticeship/college course
Reference ID: Trainee Estimator May 2021
Part-time hours: 40 per weekApply for this job